Brief History

Bethany Aged Christians' Home (subsequently called Bethany Riverside Village) was established in 1949 on the Brisbane River at Norman Park, having been inaugurated by Christians from various Christian brethren assemblies in the Brisbane area. After its sale in 2003, the site was finally vacated in May 2006 when the entire operation moved to The Plains.

In 1990, Janoah Gardens Retirement Village was established at Manly West. The village, developed in stages, provides independent living units, serviced apartments, and from December 2009, an aged care facility.

Beth Eden Riverside Village, located at Graceville, and comprising an aged care facility and independent living units, was acquired from another organisation by Bethany Christian Care on 1 December 2003.

The Plains Retirement Village at Eight Mile Plains is our newest and largest complex. Its first residents occupied  their Stage 1 independent living unit on 18 March 2004. The aged care facility and serviced apartments opened on 30 May 2006. The final stage of the village - more independent living units - was completed in late-2008.

Our
fourth campus is currently under development at Redbank Plains South. This campus will consist of a 100-bed Aged Care Facility (2020/ 2021), and, in all likelihood, independent and semi-independent 'retirement living' options (in stages from 2020/ 2021).

Our organisation's name, Bethany Christian Care (the owner/ operator of The Plains, Janoah Gardens and Beth Eden), became effective in 1998.